Mara, an accomplished painter, sculptor and ceramicist, studied engraving with the famous artist Alfredo Zalce. After studying art in London, she began working with high-temperature ceramics and created wonderful unique glazes for her pieces. She then went to study with Italian ceramist, Bruno Terese in Italy. Mara has had many expositions of her original pieces in Europe, the United States and Mexico.
She developed a fine sensibility in schematic and precise line drawings. Ceramics is no easy medium for precise line drawings, yet Mara mastered her technique with brush and stylus and has been able to portray her life experiences with unrivaled naturalness. We see her universe on parade in all of her work. Flowers, birds and geometric designs all represent her personal vision and display her unique perceptions of the world.
After a long illness, Mara passed away in 2007. Since Ceramica Mara has always been an extended family operation, production of her fine work has continued. Mara’s husband, children and loyal apprentices have consistently carried out day to day production. Her husband Mariano, an architect, artist and Ceramica Mara business manager, is passionate about continuing Mara’s legacy. Her daughter Alexandra, artist and history professor, also stepped in to help the family make a seamless transition in the continuation of the fine production of Ceramica Mara.
Mara was a very prolific artist and while her current designs are still in production, she has left numerous yet un-introduced designs to be presented in the future. Alexandra, carrying on her mother’s fine tradition, has also been creating ceramic designs which we were honored to debut and continue to offer. Mara brought all the beauty of her soul to walk this earth. We are ever grateful for her creative gifts and pray that her journey continues in beauty and love. We take great pleasure in knowing that Mara’s artistic ware’s will grace all of our lives for many years to come.
- One Individual Ceramic Stoneware Mug (Image Shows Front & Back View Only) – Dimensions: 5″ x 3.75″ x 4.25″ – Capacity: 16 Ozs – Wgt: 1.5 Lbs.
- Unique – Distinctive – Handcrafted – Collectible – Functional Table Art – Original Designs – Hand Etched – Hand Painted – Handmade In Mexico
- Beautiful, Whimsical, Durable Ceramic Stoneware – Functions As Dining Instruments As Well As Decorative Art – Microwave, Dishwasher & Oven Safe – Lead & Cadmium Free
- These Pieces from the Mara Stoneware Collection Would Make a Wonderful Gift to Give or Receive On Any Occasion – They Are Fashioned For both Attractiveness and Constant Use
- Each Piece from this Collection has Been Fired Twice at High Temperatures and They Are Completely Finished By Hand – NATURAL VARIATIONS IN THE SHAPE, COLOR AND ETCHED DESIGNS GIVE EACH PIECE A UNIQUE PERSONALITY